To validate my concept, I brought my idea to Matters and asked for their opinion. They loved the idea and pointed out that encouraging smaller creators to produce is very important. They also agree that the Subscription feature itself is more suitable for top creators. They mentioned two features they had in the platform which is similar to my feature: the hashtag and reference.
I also held an online workshop to test the basic functionality of the product and discussed the current ‘hashtag’ and ’reference’ user experience on Matters.
- Before the workshop started, users were asked to write around topics and link each other’s content - In the ice breaker stage, I asked creators about their experience using the hashtag/topics
- Based on the preparation condition, we then lead participants to read, write and link
- We also allow readers to donate tokens at the same time
- After the activity, tokens are assigned based on the final data
- Finally, we have the roundtable discussion about the experiences
By observing users’ behaviour in the workshop, I also noticed that because all participants received a similar number of links, in the end, it does not show a very large difference in income. So I assume similar activities could be carried out in the future and the earnings distribution formula should be improved based on the data collected.