People are suffering from WFH
In the era of work-from-home (WFH), many individuals are facing challenges that come with the lack of separation between their personal and professional lives. This has led to a growing concern for their well-being and productivity. Recognizing the need to address these challenges, we are embarking on a project to develop Outdoor Working Oases specifically designed for remote workers.
As the UK Government continues to encourage those who can work at home to do so, a new survey reveals that:
- 80% of Brits feel that working from home has had a negative impact on their mental health
- 30% have been finding it difficult to separate their home lives from their work lives
- 36% of home workers feel unable to take a break and step away from their workstations; they feel they always have to be at their computer to respond quickly due to not being in the physical presence of colleagues
- 27% report difficulties switching off at the end of the day or working week
- 25% say they are finding it difficult to cope with the mental challenges of loneliness and isolation from colleagues
WORKPLACE TRENDS: OUTDOOR WORKING OASES
Outdoor spaces that were once considered a quick destination for fresh air are now becoming a functional extension of an office’s space, and it’s easy to see why.
The benefits of outdoor space are undeniable. A 2018 survey of indoor workers from L.L. Bean regarding their first-ever outdoor co-working space found that:
- 86% would like to spend more time outside during the workday
- 82% like or love the concept of an outdoor space
- 77% would be most likely to do creative work outdoors
- 74% have improved moods from working outdoors
- 71% had reduced levels of stress from working outdoors
- 64% reported increased happiness from working outdoors
MISSION & VISION
An enjoyable, remote working day in the open green space.
Our goal is to help individuals experience the benefits of nearby open green spaces while fulfilling their work responsibilities, so that they can fully enjoy the benefits of remote working.